Major Diplomatic Clash Over Gaza: 8 Nations Condemn Israel’s Stand

Eight Muslim-majority nations have condemned Israel’s rejection of the US-backed Gaza peace roadmap, warning that the move could undermine diplomatic efforts. The US continues to push for negotiations, while Israel insists on Hamas’ complete disarmament before an Israeli withdrawal.

Aug 17, 2026 - 00:09
 0
Major Diplomatic Clash Over Gaza: 8 Nations Condemn Israel’s Stand

Israel’s rejection of a US-backed roadmap for the next phase of the Gaza peace process has triggered strong criticism from eight Muslim-majority nations. Foreign ministers from Egypt, Qatar, Jordan, the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Türkiye, Pakistan and Indonesia jointly condemned Israel’s stance, warning that the decision could undermine international efforts to achieve peace and stability in Gaza.

Netanyahu Rejects US-Sponsored Roadmap

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has dismissed the 15-point roadmap endorsed by US President Donald Trump. The proposal calls for the disarming of Hamas, the withdrawal of Israeli military forces from Gaza and the establishment of Palestinian technocratic governance as part of a broader transition and reconstruction process. Netanyahu has said Israel will not withdraw its troops until Hamas is completely disarmed.

The rejection has emerged as a major hurdle to Washington’s efforts to advance the peace process. The US-backed proposal had been touted as a blueprint to end hostilities, rebuild Gaza and create a new administrative structure.

Eight Nations Sound Alarm

The eight countries said Israel's rejection jeopardised efforts to implement the roadmap and could further complicate negotiations. They called for continued diplomatic engagement, and urged international actors to support efforts to bring about a resolution to the conflict.

The group’s statement is indicative of growing regional concern that differences over Hamas’ disarmament and Israeli troop withdrawals could derail the next stage of the peace process.

US envoys urge progress

The setback has not deterred US representatives from pursuing their diplomatic work. US envoy Jared Kushner and other officials have met with regional mediators in an effort to revive negotiations. Egypt, Qatar and Türkiye have been involved in the negotiations, and Hamas representatives have also attended talks in Cairo.

The roadmap still rests on agreement over the sequence of Hamas disarmament, Israeli withdrawal and the future administration of Gaza. The US plan also calls for international involvement in security, reconstruction and the move to Palestinian civilian government.

New Challenge to Peace Efforts

The latest diplomatic spat underscores the difficulties of trying to reach a lasting settlement in Gaza. Regional governments have called on all parties to return to negotiations, but Israel remains adamant that Hamas must be disarmed before any significant military withdrawal.

As diplomatic talks continue and international pressure mounts, the next few days could be decisive in determining whether the US-backed roadmap can be revived or if differences between the parties will further stall the Gaza peace process.

What's Your Reaction?

Like Like 0
Dislike Dislike 0
Love Love 0
Funny Funny 0
Angry Angry 0
Sad Sad 0
Wow Wow 0